17 December 2013

Giant Mountains with man's best friend

My parents left skiing to Italy and I got my first chance to take care of their dog lady. She is over four years old but It was just parents taking care of her. Have to admit it was kind of challenge for me. Had no experience whatsoever how far and how steep can she go. When we got to Giant Mountains on Friday evening, it was 6 p.m. Darkness and fog. In few minutes uphill the fog cleared and we could enjoy moonlight and stars above snowy peaks.


Snow layer was poor and surface was hard to icy, so though it wasn't the best for skiing at least Brandy didn't have to crawl. When we arrived to Zvonička (our mountain hut), she realized there is no one but me and her and wanted all my attention. In about an our she fell asleep and didn't wake up till morning.

Saturday showed us how beautiful sunshine in the mountains can be. Blue sky and valleys covered in clouds whole day. I desperately wanted to ski something steep so we went to have a look on several places but there was simply nothing to ski on.



After long day walking with one stop for bowl of water we found a hill with just enough snow to be skied and it made the day even more perfect. We got back to Zvonička with the last bit of daylight.


When the dog gets hungry.
On Sunday it got cloudy but the trip was just as good. There was one hill I wanted to do, but after skiing first third, it became too rocky so I glued the skins back on and we walked back up. Walked some more, took many photos and headed back home. Hope for more snow next time.




0 comments: